November 22, 2014

Outfit of the Day: Pattern Mixing


Hey guys!

How's it going? I know this outfit is a bit ... doesn't really make sense when Toronto is already in full-winter mode with the cold freezing winds and the 2 cm snow. But it will make sense when I inform you these photos were taken about two weeks ago and I completely forgot to post them up. This outfit is something I've worn to school, so kept it real casual. For school I love wearing stripes, florals, polka dots, plaid which in my opinion are classic patterns and can never go wrong and are great to wear for school. I found this floral skirt in my drawer and realized I haven't got the chance to wear it yet so I was like why not. Admittedly, this outfit is not super creative and out there but it's school and I really don't want to bust out my fedora hat and a fringe vest and go all out. The minimal creativity element was mixing the floral with a striped bandeau top instead of the expected black or white shirt/sweater. And oh my god, before I finish this post I just watched Mocking Jay Part 1 and it was amazing and you should go watch it very soon! Jennifer Lawerence's acting was phenomenal and I definitely it. Just warning you, there's going to be a huge cliff-hanger and you'll be dying to know what happens next, but of course  if you're curious you can always read the Hunger Game Series by Suzanne Collins. Anyways here's the look :)






| What I'm Wearing |
| Floral Skirt | Stitches
| Striped Bandeau Top | Stitches
| Black Chiffon Kimono | Forever21
| Braided Belt | Garage
| Quartz Necklace | Stitches
| Biker Boots | Sketchers via Winners

No comments:

Post a Comment